Keith Pratt, Director
- Shelia Scroggins, D.V.M.
- Mary Smart, D.V.M.
- Gail Judah,
- Kellie Marx, Vet Asst.
- Scott Dalton,
Head Grounds Keeper
Samantha Dominis, Public Relations
The mission of the Edward E. and Lillian H. Bishop
Animal Shelter, SPCA of Manatee County serving as a private
nonprofit organization within Manatee County shall be:
- The prevention of cruelty to animals.
- The relief of the suffering of animals.
- The care and placement of homeless animal.
- The encouragement of kindness toward animals.
- The encouragement of and assistance in the
enforcement of all laws and ordinances for the prevention of
cruelty to animals and for the protection of animals.
- The promotion of the welfare of animals,
particularly in Manatee County.
Bishop Animal Shelter shall engage exclusively in
benevolent, charitable and humane activities related to the
We really could
make excellent use of something warm and fuzzy for the
cats and dogs to sleep on. Clean blankets and
towels work really well and are easy for us to keep
clean. If you have any of
these items you can donate to the shelter - any size,
color or texture would be greatly appreciated. On
behalf of all the animals residing at Bishop, we thank you!
- Playtime at the shelter is a great time and toys for the kittens &
cats; puppies & dogs are needed. Even though our
wonderful animals are temporarily in a shelter they
still appreciate toys to play with.